Kenmore Envelope Company is a high-end commercial printer that specializes in custom envelopes for the Direct Mail industry. Our clients include multiple Fortune 500 companies and agencies throughout the United States. The company has had aggressive growth over the past 10 years and has been in business since the late 1960s.
We are seeking a full-time Sheeter Operator for a 12 hour shift. We are seeking someone who has the skills and know-how to be successful in this role, AND has a great work ethic, attitude, and wants to be a vital part of our team.
responsibilities and duties.
These responsibilities include:
- Check work of previous shift for quality & correctness and notify supervisor of any issues
- Check and maintain the quality & correct size of paper sheets throughout each job by following company quality control procedures
- Change/setup sheeter paper sizes and paper types between each job with minimal downtime
- Keep machines running at optimum rate to meet or exceed production targets while maintaining quality standards
- Identify machine malfunctions, troubleshoot, and correct in a timely manner
- Notify supervisor promptly when machines need maintenance/repairs above what can be completed by the operator
- Perform routine maintenance on machine as directed by supervisor
- Fill out production paperwork and pull samples as directed
- Communicate with outgoing shift and incoming shift regarding equipment status, job status, and any other relevant information
- Duties include standing for most of the shift, repetitive hand & wrist motions, reaching with hands and arms, regular lifting of up to 50 pounds, and possibly working overtime
- Perform other duties as assigned by management from time to time
- Execute the responsibilities of this position following company safety policies and company procedures
- Keep sheeter and are around the machine neat & clean
We are seeking someone who has the skills and know-how to be successful in this role, AND has a great work ethic, attitude, and wants to be a vital part of our team.
qualifications and skills.
Experience with paper sheeting equipment is preferred but not necessary.
Ability to use a ruler, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
our ideal candidate is.
- High-stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 401(k) with match
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 / hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
Work Location: One location
- 12 hour shift
- Evening/Night shift
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma