Kenmore Envelope Company is a high end commercial printer that specializes in custom envelopes for the Direct Mail industry. Our clients include multiple Fortune 500 companies and agencies throughout the United States. The company has had aggressive growth over the past 10 years and has been in business since the late 1960s.
We are seeking a full-time 2nd Pressman. We are seeking someone who has the skills and know-how to be successful in this role, AND has a great work ethic, attitude, and wants to be a vital part of our team.
responsibilities and duties.
To print envelopes that meet company quality standards while maintaining optimum speeds and minimal downtime.
These responsibilities include:
- Assists Press Operator with make ready, operating and maintaining sheet-fed offset printing press
- Inserting packing sheets
- Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers and feed wheels
- Performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to the equipment under guidance of a senior level Press Operator.
- Follow Pressroom procedures for control sheets, charging time & material, load tags, FSC stock, and samples
- Maintain acceptable productivity standards while minimizing raw material waste
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Must possess the ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail and problem-solving skills are critical. Must be reliable and proactive.
qualifications and skills.
Koenig & Bauer and/or Komori experience is a plus.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends
Experience as a pressman, press helper or general knowledge of sheet-fed offset printing is preferred.
our ideal candidate is.
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work rather than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
We offer a competitive salary and benefits that include:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $16.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
Additional Compensation: Bonus Opportunities
- 8-hour shift
- 12-hour shift
- Day and Overnight shifts