Kenmore Envelope Company is a high end commercial printer that specializes in custom envelopes for the Direct Mail industry. Our clients include multiple Fortune 500 companies and agencies throughout the United States. The company has had aggressive growth over the past 10 years and has been in business since the late 1960s.
We are seeking a full-time Preflight Technician to efficiently collect and analyze customer art, then prepare it for the Operators ensuring all art and instructions are compatible with the proof request. We are seeking someone who has the skills and know-how to be successful in this role, AND has a great work ethic, attitude, and wants to be a vital part of our team.
qualifications and experience.
- Applicant should have experience with InDesign
- Minimum 2-years experience Prepress prep
- Applicant must be a good worker, be able to take direction, and have a GREAT attitude!
responsibilities and duties.
These responsibilities include:
- Locate, download, organize, and print customer art in a manner that allows jobs to be worked efficiently.
- Act as a liaison between the Prepress Department and the Account Management team.
- Analyze art and job information, checking quality, printability, etc.; resolve issues so the Operators can work jobs without sending them back with questions.
- Work closely with Account Managers and Operators to ensure that clear and complete instructions and information are communicated between the two teams.
- Monitor the flow of work into the department and maintain open communication with the Prepress Manager when a spike in the workload is imminent.
- Give feedback to the Prepress Manager about any important or consistent issues with jobs being submitted to the department.
- Update the “FTP Sites and Passwords” file to ensure our customer FTP access information is current.
- Regularly organize Kenmore’s FTP site, archive old art files, and delete others as needed.
- Suggest and test ideas to improve efficiency in processing art and jobs.
- Work repeat and jet jobs when the workflow requires it.
- Communicate effectively with the Prepress Manager regarding workload, issues, and any need for equipment or training.
- Work independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
- Perform other duties as requested by Prepress Manager in order to effectively execute the Department’s mission.
- Graphic Design
- Proficient Adobe Acrobat Suite
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Experience in the printing industry
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Results driven – desire to succeed and work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Successfully communicate, both verbally and written, in a professional and proficient style
our ideal candidate is.
A good hire will communicate effectively in person, via e-mail, and over the phone. He or she will be good at multi-tasking in a busy and deadline-driven environment. A focus on quality and a strong attention to detail is critical. To show your attention to detail, please tell us your favorite font when responding. The right candidate will be a critical thinker who works well independently and as part of a team.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
- Monday – Friday
- 8:15AM – 5:00PM