Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Kenmore Envelope Company is a high end commercial printer that specializes in custom envelopes for the Direct Mail industry. Our clients include multiple Fortune 500 companies and agencies throughout the United States. The company has had aggressive growth over the past 10 years and has been in business since the late 1960s.
We are seeking a full-time Payroll / Benefits Specialist. We are seeking someone who has the skills and know-how to be successful in this role, AND has a great work ethic, attitude, and wants to be a vital part of our team.
qualifications and experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of payroll experience
- Minimum 3+ years of benefit administration
- Experience with Paycor or similar third-party payroll processor
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Proficient with relevant software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong communication (i.e., verbal and written) and inter-personal skills
- Must be able to pass a post offer drug screen
responsibilities and duties.
These responsibilities include:
- Gather, arrange and input payroll data correctly and timely for over 170 employees.
- Follow established policies and procedures in performing all areas of weekly payroll processing.
- Communicate questions / concerns regarding employees’ time worked with department leads
- Input employees’ time missed into Attendance Tracking Software
- Evaluate and implement payroll/HRIS systems upgrades and changes
- Update Company calendars for PTO requests
- Direct and plan the day-to-day operations of benefit programs
- Reconcile and process monthly billings from providers
- Update and maintain employee benefit deductions in the payroll system
- Facilitate Family Medical Leave, Disability, Accident and Worker’s Comp claims
- Fulfills all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required
- Provide backup/support when other Accounting or Human Resources Personnel are out or need assistance.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Work as part of a team as well as independently to accomplish company goals.
- Payroll experience within a manufacturing and complex shift work environment is a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Results driven – desire to succeed and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Successfully communicate, both verbally and written, in a professional and proficient style
our ideal candidate is.
A good hire will communicate effectively in person, via e-mail, and over the phone. He or she will be good at multi-tasking in a busy and deadline-driven environment. A focus on quality and a strong attention to detail is critical. To show your attention to detail, please tell us your favorite font when responding. The right candidate will be a critical thinker who works well independently and as part of a team. Must be reliable and proactive.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
Compensation: $24.00 – $26.00
- Monday – Friday
- 8:15AM – 5:00PM
Kenmore Envelope Company, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All employees are required to wear masks and have their temperature taken upon daily arrival.