Offset Press Operator
Kenmore Envelope Company is a high end commercial printer that specializes in custom envelopes for the Direct Mail industry. Our clients include multiple Fortune 500 companies and agencies throughout the United States. The company has had aggressive growth over the past 10 years and has been in business since the late 1960s.
We are seeking a full-time Experienced Offset Press Operator. We are seeking someone who has the skills and know-how to be successful in this role, AND has a great work ethic, attitude, and wants to be a vital part of our team.
responsibilities and duties.
Under the direction of the production manager, the press operator will set up and run press equipment in a manner that meets or exceeds quality and productivity standards. The ideal candidate will possess strong mechanical skills and must be able to perform machine repairs/maintenance as necessary.
These responsibilities include:
- Set-up / adjust press for job runs to meet specifications
- Perform document review to ensure job requirements are known and understood.
- Monitor product quality during production runs.
- Check product quality against a sample and established quality standards, and make corrections as necessary.
- Perform press repairs, maintenance, upkeep, and cleaning.
- Follow Pressroom procedures for control sheets, charging time & material, load tags, FSC stock, and samples
- Maintain acceptable productivity standards while minimizing raw material waste
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Must possess the ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail and problem-solving skills are critical. Must be reliable and proactive.
qualifications and skills.
Koenig & Bauer and/or Komori experience is a plus.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends
Minimum five (5) years of experience as a lead press operator is required.
our ideal candidate is.
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work rather than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
We offer a competitive salary and benefits that include:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 12-hour shift
- Night shift
- Supplemental Pay
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $19.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
Additional Compensation: Bonus Opportunities
- 12-hour shift
- Overnight shift