Kenmore Envelope Company is a high end commercial printer that specializes in custom envelopes for the Direct Mail industry. Our clients include multiple Fortune 500 companies and agencies throughout the United States. The company has had aggressive growth over the past 10 years and has been in business since the late 1960s.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Estimator in the Printing/Direct Mail industry. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with sales, account management and production teams to maximize project acquisition. We are seeking someone who has the skills and know-how to be successful in this role, AND has a great work ethic, attitude, and wants to be a vital part of our team.
qualifications and experience.
- Applicant must be proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word
- Applicant must be a good worker, be able to take direction, and have a GREAT attitude!
- Minimum requirement 2 years customer service/account management in printing, graphic arts, paper converting or envelopes.
responsibilities and duties.
These responsibilities include:
- Prepare requests for quotes. Analyze job specifications such as product type, paper type, ink coverage, plate costs, etc.
- Estimate the cost of materials and supplies based on job specifications
- Evaluate methods available for producing projects and select the plan which produces the project in the most efficient and economical way.
- Develop knowledge of materials used, the best suppliers and competitive prices.
- Be aware of price changes and competitive environment.
- Maintain and update estimating database.
- Communicate directly with sales, account management and production staff to resolve questions regarding quotes or orders and reduce issues until orders are complete.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Results driven – desire to succeed and work independently
- Solid working knowledge of all phases of mail, print and purchasing processes used to deliver a client’s marketing message
- Successfully communicate, both verbally and written, in a professional and proficient style.
our ideal candidate is.
A good hire will communicate effectively in person, via e-mail, and over the phone. He or she will be good at multi-tasking in a busy and deadline-driven environment. A focus on quality and a strong attention to detail is critical. The right candidate will be a critical thinker who works well independently and as part of a team
We offer a competitive salary and benefits that include medical / dental / vision insurance, Health Savings Account match, short and long-term disability, group and voluntary life insurance, 401K match, paid vacations and holidays.
Salary commensurate with experience. If interested, please forward your resume and salary requirement for immediate consideration or use the link on our website to submit an application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41,000 – $45,000
Work Location: One location
- Monday – Friday
- Day Shift