Envelope Machine Operator
Kenmore Envelope Company is a high end commercial printer that specializes in custom envelopes for the Direct Mail industry. Our clients include multiple Fortune 500 companies and agencies throughout the United States. The company has had aggressive growth over the past 10 years and has been in business since the late 1960s.
We are seeking a full-time Envelope Machine Operator. We are seeking someone who has the skills and know-how to be successful in this role, AND has a great work ethic, attitude, and wants to be a vital part of our team.
To check product quality, pack finished envelopes in cartons, and perform other support procedures of the envelope manufacturing process.
responsibilities and duties.
- Check work of previous shift for quality & correctness and notify supervisor of any issues.
- Feed envelope blanks into machine using proper fanning techniques and maintaining proper level of blanks.
- Check the quality of the finished envelopes throughout the job by following company quality control procedures and notify adjusters of any issues.
- Assemble cartons for packing of envelopes.
- Follow company procedures for filling out labels and label the cartons.
- Pack finished envelopes into cartons and follow procedures for stacking on skids.
- Assist machine adjusters with clearing jams, troubleshooting, maintenance, and job setup.
- Keep envelope folding machine and area around machine neat & clean.
- Fill out production paperwork and pull samples as directed.
- Follow company procedures for machine down time.
- Communicate with outgoing shift and incoming shift regarding equipment status, job status, and any other relevant information.
- Duties include standing for most of the shift, repetitive hand & wrist motions, reaching with hands and arms, regular lifting of up to 25 pounds, and possibly working overtime.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management from time to time.
- Execute the responsibilities of this position following company safety policies and company procedures.
our ideal candidate is.
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work rather than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
We offer a competitive salary and benefits that include:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
Additional Compensation: Bonus Opportunities
- 7AM & 7PM shifts
- Day or night
- Flexibility for training