Kenmore Envelope Company is a high end commercial printer that specializes in custom envelopes for the Direct Mail industry. Our clients include multiple Fortune 500 companies and agencies throughout the United States. The company has had aggressive growth over the past 10 years and has been in business since the late 1960s.
We are seeking a full-time Die Cutter. We are seeking someone who has the skills and know-how to be successful in this role, AND has a great work ethic, attitude, and wants to be a vital part of our team.
To produce envelope blanks that meet company quality standards while maximizing production and minimizing downtime.
responsibilities and duties.
- Check work of previous shift for quality & correctness and notify supervisor of any issues.
- Check and maintain the quality of the envelope blanks throughout each job by following company quality control procedures.
- Set up die cutting machines for each job with minimal downtime.
- Keep machines cutting at optimum rate to meet or exceed production targets while maintaining quality standards.
- Identify machine malfunctions, troubleshoot, and correct in a timely manner.
- Notify a supervisor promptly when machines need maintenance/repairs above what can be completed by the die cutter.
- Keep die cutting machine and area around machine neat & clean.
- Fill out production paperwork and pull samples as directed.
- Communicate with outgoing shift and incoming shift regarding equipment status, job status, and any other relevant information.
- Perform routine maintenance on die cutting machines as directed by supervisor.
- Be attentive to placing envelope dies back in the correct cabinet slots.
- Duties include standing for most of the shift, repetitive hand & wrist motions, reaching with hands and arms, regular lifting of up to 50 pounds, and possibly working overtime.
- Cross train on other cutting equipment as time and production allows and as assigned by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management from time to time.
- Execute the responsibilities of this position following company safety policies and company procedures.
our ideal candidate is.
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work rather than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
We offer a competitive salary and benefits that include:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
Additional Compensation: Bonus Opportunities
- 7AM & 7PM shifts
- Day or night
- Flexibility to train on 1st shift